A Note about adding OOD Letters to your OPF
Add all OOD letters (Inport, Underway, At Anchor) via OPF Fix - Training. The OOD Underway letter will be filed as a "Qualification" here at CPC, and that's where you'll see it show up in your OPF online. The OOD Inport and OOD At Anchor letters will be filed as "Training."
In general, please be sure to select the proper category from the drop-down menu when adding items to your OPF. This determines how the OPF Fix Case gets routed. If you're adding a training certificate, a qualification letter, or a transcript, select "Training/Education/Qualification." This sends the item to the firstname.lastname@example.org email, where the Chief, OCMD and the Leadership Coordinator can see and process it.
Reminder: submit each document as a separate OPF Fix case, even if two seem related (e.g. NOAA Working Diver designation letter and NOAA Dive Training Certificate).
Promotion Qualifications - How the process works
- Complete required training. For now, CLC only tracks CLC courses. For outside courses that are required (e.g. FEMA), submit the individual certificates.
Send the following as one packet to Chief, Officer Career Management Division via email@example.com:
- Signed cover memo
- Your completed CLC transcript (with your name on it) or the completion certificate from CLC. If you took some courses in the old CLC, send both transcripts - old and new.
- Certificates for non-CLC courses
- Here at CPC, we'll update the two databases that feed your online OPF.
- You'll receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org informing you that you're eligible for promotion to the next grade. Attached will be a single PDF of the signed memo from Chief, OCMD, and your complete packet.
- In your online OPF, you'll see a green check mark next to "OER Status" -- you're all set!
If you have questions, please contact LCDR Fionna Matheson at OCMD.