CPC Banner
  Adv. Search  
Spousal Professional License Reimbursement

The spouses of NOAA Corps officers often have a difficult time continuing their professional careers when Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders require a move to another jurisdiction where licensing/certification requirements are different. CPC is excited to announce that we have a new Spousal Professional License Reimbursement program.

Spouses of NOAA Corps officers who plan to effect or have effected a recent PCS may be entitled to this reimbursement. This reimbursement is applicable for relicensing for the same profession in which the spouse engaged in while in the jurisdiction of the last duty station and is a one-time reimbursement that may not exceed $1000. Qualified relicensing costs must be included and paid by the officer or spouse to secure the license or certification from the jurisdiction of the new duty station, or designated location for dependent(s), after the date the officer's PCS orders are authorized. Qualified relicensing costs may include an exam, continuing education courses, and/or registration fees to obtain a new license or certification in the new jurisdiction.

Conditions of Reimbursement:

  • PCS orders must be effected on or after November 10, 2022, and must authorize the movement of the officer's dependent(s) at Government expense.
  • Reimbursement is authorized for the spouses of officers that complete Inter-Service Transfers into the NOAA Corps.
  • Reimbursement is not authorized for spouses of officers that are in receipt of PCS orders in conjunction with initial accession to uniformed service, retirement, or separation from the NOAA Corps.

To apply for reimbursement please contact your HR specialist.

  • Claim for Reimbursement for Expenditures (1164 available here)
  • Copy of PCS orders
  • Copy of new license or certification
  • Copy of previous state license or certification
  • Copy of receipt for fees

Please direct any questions to Katherine Raymond at katherine.raymond@noaa.gov