The Uniform and Awards Board needs your help!
The UAB is reviewing the approved uniforms in Chapter 12 of the NOAA Corps Directives and would like your feedback. The UAB wants to hear your thoughts! Please help us focus our efforts and ensure we get it right by sending any constructive commentsto LTJG Bart Buesseler (Bart.O.Buesseler@noaa.gov) by 31 July 2015.
5 Things You Need To Know About The New CLC
The new Commerce Learning Center (CLC) was released with less than 2 months to prepare and transition, a typical transition is over 12 months. There are issues, and OMAO is working with NOAA to resolve them as quickly as we can. Meanwhile, here are five things that will help when navigating the new CLC:
1) The first stop for help with any functional issues is to click on the "floating green boxed question mark" on the right side of the page.
2) Legacy transcripts are still being transitioned in a test environment. The process time to do this was under- estimated and the updated target date is the end of September before all records are transferred.
3) The NOAA Corps Officer required Training for Promotion is under final review in the new CLC and should go live by July 31st. Please note that only the LTJG, LT, and/or LCDR curricula will show in your transcript in the new CLC. The individual courses will only be seen by looking at the curricula plan unless you take the course before you sign up for the curricula. Secondly, you will not be permitted to sign up for the next curricula until the previous level is completed i.e.; you cannot start the LT curricula until the LTJG is complete.
4) Supervisors, name changes and account creation in the CLC are all dependent on your entry in the NOAA Staff Directory. Ensure your directory entry, and the entries of those who report to you, are correct in the NSD. Note: It can take up to 3 weeks for the NSD update to be loaded and verified in the CLC.
5) Lastly, all individuals assigned to OMAO enter the new CLC on our custom home page. Officers assigned to other line offices will get the NOAA, or NWS homepages when they log-in. The NOAA and NWS has both added a drop down link “OMAO NOAA Corps Officers” in the “PROGRAMS” tabs on their pages.
2015 IT Security Awareness Course - Deadline 31 Aug 2015
As a reminder, all NOAA IT users are required to take the annual 2015 IT Security Awareness Course by the 31 August 2015 deadline. Failure to complete the training may result in deactivation ofyour user account, revocation of system access and NOAA IT equipment. Access to the course can be found at www.csp.noaa.gov, more information was sent out to all NOAA IT users on 02 July 2015 from NOAA's Chief Information Officer.